Chris Lake at Econsultancy has created this great image outlining the definitive guide to content marketing.
Called The Periodic Table of Content Marketing, the infographic covers everything your team needs to know for developing a solid content strategy, including format, platform, sharing triggers, and goals.
The graphic also includes this simple guide for creating a successful content marketing plan:
- Take some time to define a strategy.
- Figure out the formats you plan on using.
- Think about the content types that will appeal to your audience. Do your research. Brainstorm ideas. Create.
- Share your content across the key content distribution/social platforms.
- Track the key metrics and map these to your goals.
- Be aware of the main sharing triggers. Be sure to work the emotions.
- Always double check your work.
Give it a look and definitely save it for future reference. This is a useful tool for marketers to have around when they’re planning out content strategy.